08 October, 2010

Do you want the job, or ??????

Yesterday I contacted one of the three contractors I found to see if he'd like to come take a look at my project and make a bid on it.  He said he could be there at 5 to take a look, so I dashed out of the office and biked home in record time.  He wasn't waiting for me and so I looked at my iPhone and saw that he had left me a message.  The message said he'd be there around six.  I returned the call and said that was fine but if it was any later it'd be too dark to really get a good look at the project.  So of course he didn't arrive until after 7 pm.  And long story short, he was an A-hole!  I didn't like the way he was talking to me, he couldn't see even though I had a flashlight and he was making ridiculous assumptions.  As he left he said he'd be in touch with a bid.  My guess is this is the type of guy who is going to make me an outrageous bid.  What a jerk.  I am going to call that nice contractor who did the work on my house before it was sold.  He was great.  Honest and very reasonable and mostly always where he was when he said he would be.  Not a trait that very many contractors have, it seems.

Dinner was sushi out.  I couldn't face cooking dinner.  I was wrecked from the day I had yesterday - super busy.  I still have lots to do today AND I have an appointment downtown so I have to leave early so it's going to be frantic today as well.  Ahhh but my weekend is still looking good.  I'm just going to keep thinking about that.  A nice quiet day - just me and Tink and knitting and a little shopping and football.  Oh!  And I made some killer (I think) moves in my fantasy team yesterday.  Fingers crossed I get some points on those boys!!

No comments: