22 October, 2010

Colds all over the place

Wednesday afternoon I was so tired I didn't think I would be able to bike home.  I mean -- seriously exhausted.  And that usually means only one thing -- I'm getting sick.  I had Mr. M pick me up and I went straight to bed but not soon enough to outrun the virus.  And I'm not being a sissy either!  After last year and that horrible horrible sinus/chest thing that went on and on because I was sure I could take care of it on my own, I don't take any chances if I can help it.  That being said, I spent all of yesterday in bed, snoozing and reading, fighting this blasted sinus headache.  I read LeCarre's latest, which I quite enjoyed.  Nothing too deep.   I had a hair appointment at 4:30 yesterday which I assumed I'd be able to make but realized that I was sicker than I thought when even the thought of being out and about and able to pick up a bottle of whiskey so I could make a hot whiskey later couldn't get me out of bed.  I did the responsible thing and moved the appointment to next week.

Today I'm feeling marginally better.  Still have the sore throat but it's not so bad as yesterday and the headache is also, for the time being, under control.  But if I'm not 100% by Monday I'm going to visit the doctor.

The contractor is coming by today to finish up the patio and get paid.  It was pouring rain last night but not now so maybe I can get some pictures soon.

No comments: