13 October, 2010

It's still looking good ...

for me working from home Thursday and Friday.  I need to be here today so I can go to lab with the Histo students and help them, if they need it, with the Virtual Microscope application I made.  Every year at least some of them have a hard time getting connected or they use the wrong browser.  Now there's nothing I can do about the bandwidth problem.  The school is aware of it and when anatomy starts it's not much of a problem, but now all of the schools are in session - medical, dental, nursing, etc. etc. - and things tend to get sluggish.  They will figure out soon enough which one of them in their 4 person group has the laptop that pulls the strongest signal but until them it helps ease the frustration if it at least looks like we're helping.

I am sure Chris the contractor had the best of intentions, but he did not contact me yesterday.  Hopefully today.  I don't want to bug him because I know he's got a lot on his plate at this time, personally.  His wife of 20 years up and divorced him about six months ago.  He's still dealing with that and the fall out.  Poor guy.  Of course, there are always two sides to the story so I'm not going to judge.  I just want my patio done.  And I want him to double check the measurements before he orders the materials.  I'm not 100% sure Mr. M's calculations are accurate and he missed about 150 square feet when he made his initial diagram.

I did another gusset on the Coquille Shawl yesterday evening and then called it a night and went upstairs to read.  I was fighting to keep my eyes open at 9:30 and finally gave up.  I had a pretty good sleep for a change.  I've been working so hard and it's difficult to stay awake after dinner.  Things should calm down here in the next couple week though and then maybe I can start running again.  The weather is perfect for it.  Not too hot and still dry -- for today anyway.  But no running for me today.  It's noon knitting.

No comments: