12 October, 2010

Full speed ahead

Saturday afternoon the nice contractor, Chris, came to take a look at my patio project.  He is the guy that fixed up my house on 20th and did such a fabulous job.  He took a look, understood exactly what I needed and even had a wholesale place to buy the pavers I wanted.  Last night he stopped by to show me the paver to double check and to give me his price.  He's just a touch over what I wanted to pay, but not by much so I gave him the go ahead.  He's going to be in touch today and hopefully they can start tomorrow or the next day.  I am SO excited!!  It's going to really make that back yard more useful and prettier to boot.  Definitely adding to the worth of the property.

Today's the first day in a very long time that I didn't have to stand around in my office in front of the fan to cool off before I could get dressed.  In fact, I'm sitting here in a skirt, top and cardigan and my legs are cold!  I don't believe they're going to turn the heat on in the building until November.  It's not a big deal to me, but I surely notice it.

Yesterday was a huge day.  I didn't get home until after 6 and I think the only time I stopped was for about 20 minutes for lunch.  This bunch of students is the nicest bunch ever and at the social after the final they gave all of the faculty and me a card and a gift.  Isn't that sweet?  That's a first in all the years I've been doing this job.  Histology starts today and I am hoping that once I get them launched I can work from home Thursday and Friday so I can keep an eye on the work.  After the ground cover disaster I don't dare let Mr. M be alone to supervise since he does not.

And in fantasy news .... I won my match up this week in my nephew's league!  Triple digits even!!  I am very very happy.  Now I don't look like a total loser plus just maybe I've got the hang of it and I'll win again next week.  I'm going to have to really put some thought into it, do a little reading, make a couple of adjustments (like get a defense that doesn't suck) and give it my best shot.  And in  my public league -- still number one!  That makes me happy too.  I still haven't won a square on the Monday night pool but it sure makes the games more fun to watch.

No comments: