18 October, 2010

Success

What a grand football weekend!  The Huskies beat Oregon in double overtime!  It was so exciting but after the first overtime started I had to turn it off and let it record.  I couldn't stand the suspense.  And on Sunday the Seahawks beat the Bears on the road!  I watched the entire game.  They looked pretty darned good.  It's been tough for that team to win on the road so this was a big game for the new coach.  And finally -- it looks like I'm going to be beating my nephew in the matchup this week!  I have 71.6 points over his 61.33 and I've got another player in tonight's game.  He is done.  I have to resist the urge to gloat.  I messed up my other team though - the one in the league where I'm first.  I had made some roster changes, moving out the players who had a bye week and must have neglected to click the "submit changes" button because they're still sitting there.  I am winning my matchup but it's going to mess up my points total.

The patio is nearly done.  They have to finish it up today with some finer sand.  I am quite pleased although I wish it was a bit bigger.  But to keep within my budget I had to make a couple of small adjustments to my original plan.  Maybe this spring if I find it's really bothering me I can have them add more bricks.  For now though it's nice.  I'm take some pictures tonight and post before and afters.

I had plans to work on my Shining Birds Eyes shawl but ended up relaxing and listening to my book and working on the Coquille scarf/shawl.  I am exactly half way through now.  Even if I block this thing super aggressively it's not going to be what I would call a shawl, but it's going to be a really nice scarf.

The baby shower went off fine even though someone brought their 3 children even though they were specifically told NO CHILDREN ALLOWED.  *sigh*  I managed to get them all in, fed and out in a little over two hours.  I must not have been doing a very good job of hiding my desire to be rid of the lot of them because my brother in law's girlfriend asked me at one point if I had somewhere else to be that day.  "Only alone", is what I wanted to answer.  She's one of those busy bodies who insists on "helping" clean up and tidy up.  I don't want to sound ungrateful for assistance but I neither needed it nor wanted it.  Oh wait, no I did need a little bit of help moving one of the couches back to its spot but other than that, no help needed.  Good heavens, I really am a bitch, aren't I?

I am feeling a bit of a let down now that anatomy is over.  Maybe even a little depressed.  It's my favorite time of the year because I'm so busy. Now it's just back to the same old thing.  I have a little more time in the day to do other things.  First on my agenda this week is to give my office and good cleaning.  Yes, we have janitorial service but that only means that they empty out the wastebasket and maybe once every few months they'll sweep the floor.  This entire closet needs a good dusting and my desk needs to be cleaned up.  And I've GOT to get running again!  I just need to force myself a couple of times and I'll be right back in it. 

I'd like to finish up that scarf I'm working on as well as the blue Green Gables.  Then I can start thinking about what I want to make for gifts.  Still plenty of time for that.

No comments: