27 October, 2010

Pet Peeve # ..... well, who can keep count?

There are tasks that most people find boring and tedious and it drives me crazy when someone asks me to do one of those tasks saying I'm so much better at doing X than they are.  The fact is, I'm not better at it, it's that they're too lazy to do it themselves!   For example, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to find a decent airfare.  It takes me just as long as the next person to sift through the garbage and find the fare.  Plus, if I'm doing it for someone else, then there is the back and forth -- what time do you want to leave and if you have to have a lay over what is the most time you're willing to spend waiting for your next plane, etc. etc. etc.  I'm going to have to stop being so nice.

......... that was a joke.

What's not a joke is my on going sinus problem.  I did get to the doctor yesterday, and I am quite proud of myself for doing it.  I am going to get this problem handled once and for all.  It puts my race schedule back a week since I haven't been able to run or even bike since last Wednesday.  No matter, I shall get right back up on the horse as soon as I can.  Maybe as soon as next Monday.  Well, surely by then.

The band leader, Doug, booked us a date at the very same community center where we did the band reunion set a few weeks ago.  I would much rather play in a real venue, as in a bar or club, but he is set on doing it here.  It's going to be really stupid - some type of pot luck or something like that.  The only good thing is that Mr. M will be able to do the sound for it so I know I'll sound decent.  Hopefully he can get a good recording as well. 

I was very late getting home last night because I had a hair appointment at six, therefore dinner wasn't until 8:30 leaving me precious little time to knit.  I got another gusset done on the Coquille.  I'd like to finish that up this weekend but I also really  need to carve out some quality time with my fancy shawl.  I should dedicate an hour or two both Saturday and Sunday.  I don't believe there's anything else going on this weekend except rehearsing Saturday night and football on Sunday.  I need to put that bad boy to bed as well.  I have too many WIPs and a queue as long as my arm. And not near enough knitting time. 

No comments: