26 October, 2010

Well THAT shouldn't have been there!

That's what I get for multi-tasking after two glasses of wine.  Friends en route to an enviable two week vacation in Italian wine country were asking for conversation starters, jokingly.   I thought I was sending a MMS but instead posted to my blog.  At least the picture went missing - a blurry shot of the TV screen, Monday Night Football.  Which, by the way, I did NOT win a single quarter plus I've got HORRIBLE numbers for next week.  Ah but can you imagine?  Two weeks in Italy.  They're staying in a house for a week and then driving to the coast and wherever else they feel like going for the second week.  I can't stand it, I am so envious.  Especially since the weather is now typical Seattle autumn - windy and rainy and cold to the bone.  Only twelve weeks to go before we head to the Caribbean for what I hope is a sun drenched week.  I am sure I'll really be ready by then if the predictions come true for a snowy winter.

We are very very close to getting the house wired up.  Mr. M needed help getting the ends terminated correctly so by the time I get home tonight we should be all set.  It's not a huge deal but we'll be able to stream Netflicks through the Wii and whatever box Mr. M gets for the theatre, plus I'll have hard wire to my office laptop which will make downloading faster.  Our wireless is pretty good but sometimes when I'm downloading audiobooks or movies from iTunes it takes a long while. And I'm sure there are things we will be able to do with our Dish Network boxes too.  Oh, and I found out that now I can stream from Netflicks right to my iPhone!  Trouble.

When we were out Sunday night to see Mike sing some friends came in with their new iPad.  Oh I want one!  Mr. M is going to get one for business because there are apps he can download so he can mix his digital boards from the iPad anywhere in the venue.  That is super useful.  I know he'll not want to share it, and I want my own anyway.  I think I'll wait for the second generation though.  I can wait to January.  It'll be perfect to bring on our vacation.

No comments: