19 October, 2010

We won!

Not once, but twice!  I am in a Monday Night Football pool, sharing a square with my friend's husband.  Every week the numbers change according to the final score of the previous week's game.  And it pays out every quarter.  We had Tennessee 7 and Jacksonville 0 last night.   That was the score for the first quarter and then in the second quarter the Titans' kicker missed the point after and we ended up with the same score for the half.  So yay!!  Not only are we square but now we're up.  What shall I do with my windfall? 

The football game was so exciting that I didn't get much knitting done.  I did start on the second half of the Coquille, which is decreasing back down.  These larger gussets are taking me about an hour to do the entire 12 rows including the short rows.  But at least it's TV knitting.

I am going to run at lunchtime today.  First time in weeks and weeks.  It's going to hurt for a while but hopefully by next week I should be back up to speed.  I think I should shoot for a November race to be sure I'm ready.  I don't want to commit to the Dawg Dash because it's too soon.

The patio didn't get finished yesterday.  Hopefully today.  I don't think it's really going to look much different with the rest of the finer sand put on.  Maybe I'll just snap some pictures tonight when I get home if it's still light enough.  Oh it was so beautiful on the way in this morning and if I hadn't been running a little bit late I would have whipped out the old iPhone and shot the lake.  The mist on the lake was apricot colored and the sun behind the clouds looked huge.  Just beautiful.

No comments: