15 October, 2010

A new patio!

Oh I am so excited!  Finally yesterday they started work on my new patio.  I took some before pictures yesterday.  I'll snap a couple of work in progress pictures today ... I worked from home yesterday and again today so I can be here while the work is going on.  Yesterday they got all of the plastic covered with weeds out of there and moved in all the pavers and sand and gravel.  First thing this morning they had a machine for flattening it.  I imagine they're going to start putting in the edging and then the bricks.  It is going to be just wonderful to be able to look out those windows and not be looking at a weed field.  And they've lucked out on the weather.  It was lovely and sunny yesterday for most of the day, started raining around 3 and now this morning the fog has lifted and it is a beautiful day.

I did a couple of rows on my "fancy" shawl yesterday evening before I cooked dinner and nothing on the Coquille.  Mr. M has to do a load in this evening so I'll have some nice quiet time and hope to get some done on both projects.  I also have to prep for the baby shower I'm giving tomorrow.  I know - not exactly something I'm up on. I think I've been to one baby shower in my entire life.  I had to go on line and read about what you do and get some games, etc.  I've got a nice menu planned and I've got to get it ready to go tonight so all I have to do tomorrow after picking up the balloons and cake is pop the strata in the oven.  They'll be here at 12:30 and hopefully I can get through this in a couple of hours. 

Then I'll have an entire afternoon and evening to get my house back in shape and knit before the football game at 7.  Oh man, I sure hope the Huskies do better this Saturday.  The Seahawks are back from their bye week and we can only hope they win.  My fantasy team is looking pretty good and evenly matched against my matchup this week, who happens to be one of my nephews.  The one that is first.  I would lllllove to beat him but he seems to have some sort of voodoo going on.  Fingers crossed.

No comments: