20 October, 2010

A jarring trail

I have been noticing lately a bunch of new bumpy patches on the trail.  The more treacherous patches have been marked with fluorescent paint by the Parks Department or maybe the bicycle club.  The beautiful trees that line the trail are, of course, the very reason we get these cracks and bumps and holes in the first place.  Right now it's not that much of a hazard because it's still light enough, both coming and going, that one can navigate around them.  However, it won't be long now when we will be turning the clocks back and the days are getting shorter.  It will be dark and more difficult to avoid them. 

I had a pretty decent run yesterday afternoon considering it's been over six weeks since I've been out running.  I thought I might be sore this morning, but I'm not.  I didn't have much stamina but I believe I should be back to speed next week.  Then I'll look for a race to sign up for.  I  know there are several in November.

I wanted to knit last night but I wanted to go out to dinner more, to celebrate my Monday wins.  This is restaurant week in Seattle when over 100 restaurants all over the city offer a 3 course dinner for $25.  I chose the Sandpoint Grill because it's close and I love the food.  The only thing that bothers me about the place is the number of children that will sometimes be there during dinner hour.  Mostly they're well behaved.  Nothing like a noisy child to put one off one's grub. 

No comments: