06 June, 2012

Just a peep

I think I saw a bit of sun through the clouds this morning.  It just may stay around a bit today.  I have noon knitting so I won't be out at lunchtime, but maybe it'll stick around until after work.  That would be pleasant.

I missed my run yesterday, much to my chagrin, needing those endorphins as I do.  The rain had stopped, there was a perfect window of opportunity.  However, I had agreed to help a friend with lunch for her meeting.  I was supposed to keep a look out for the caterer in case they got lost.  So I stood around for 40 minutes and finally poked my head into the meeting room only to find that they had delivered the lunch earlier.  grrrrrrr .... At that point there was no way I could run.  My stomach had been grumbling and growling for 30 minutes.  Days like that there's nothing for it but just get on with the rest of the day.  I took myself down to the cafe because the microwave in our lunchroom is broken.  I can't truly remember when is the last time I took lunch in the Rotunda, but I did yesterday.  I got a nice selection from the salad bar and found a place to sit and played Scrabble on my iPad.

My afternoon was super frustrating and I very much missed having my run.  I have been reading and working with several programs to learn how to make an ePub document.  It is very complicated if you want to do it so that something other than Apple products can read it.  I would love to just be able to pop my stuff into iBooks Author app, but not every student uses an iPad or iPhone so I have to make sure the documents are for the rest of the folks as well.  It's frustrating and hard work and I haven't even yet gotten to the truly fiddly bit.  I am preparing three separate chapters that contain most of the types of pages we have in the entire syllabus so I can hopefully just do one big troubleshooting session and then know what I need to do for all of the problems I will encounter.  Well, that's the hope.  It rarely turns out like that though, does it?

I had a nice quiet evening, cooked a nice little dinner and took Tink for her 7 pm walk and then did a little knitting on my mystery project.  I don't know if it'll be gloves or socks, but it's something I can pick up when I'm between other more difficult selections, like now.  I wanted to finish up the movie I had started the night before, so around 8 I turned it on and all was going well.  But then a notice popped up that my friend Emma, who is having a holiday in Sweden, had just posted some pictures on her facebook page and I wanted to take a look.  I put the movie on pause, went to look at the beautiful sunrise pictures of Sweden, and when I came back the movie wouldn't let me restart it!  I was over the limit.  If I had kept on watching without  hitting pause I should have been okay, but my curiosity ....

Oh well.  I packed it in for the night and went in to watch a couple of episodes of Firefly in bed in my iPad.  That is so comfy!  And I slept great and am very happy that nobody was trying to drive through the hedge.  Now I've got to finish this cup of tea and head down for the LAST meeting of the year ... the academic year ...woohoo!

No comments: