20 June, 2012

Stress related hives

Is that a real thing?  Apparently yes, yes it is.  After a sleepless night Monday I was crawling out of my skin yesterday.  This has been going on for weeks now, these unexplained itchy bumps.  At first I thought it was mosquitoes, except I haven't seen or heard any, nor have I seen spiders ... except for one.  And oddly Monday night when I was reading all of a sudden an itchy bump appeared on my forehead!  Monday and yesterday when I was running I noticed that once I got going my arms stopped itching and all the red patches disappeared, but as soon as I stopped they would come back.  I was just going crazy and decided I had better get some answers since I'm going to be away at a conference this weekend.  Luckily my doctor could see me in the afternoon and that was his diagnosis.  I feel better knowing what's up, but it's not a quick cure.  I have to take antihistamines for a few weeks and soon the itching should stop and the red patches disappear.  "Soon" is the operative word here.  I don't see much difference this morning, nor feel it, but I've got to give it a few days.  It is no mystery why this is happening with all that is going on, or not going on, right now.  But it's got to stop soon.  And by soon I mean SOON!  I did my best to relax and I had an early night, which considering that I might have gotten 3 hours the night before, not surprising. 

Today is the first day of summer and absolutely gorgeous!  Hooray for sunshine!  Let's hope it sticks around for a while.  It sure helps my mood.  And it's going to be light WAY into the night tonight because it's so clear.  I should be able to stay up and enjoy it since I got such a long sleep last night.

I'm starting to get excited about my little vacation coming up.  There is a tour of Cleopatra's things that will be stopping in California while I'm there, so Kelli and I are going to see that.  It's supposed to be pretty cool.  Otherwise we're both looking forward to our little weekend in Flagstaff and seeing the Grand Canyon.  It is super hot there.  I really have to get into my closets this week.  Since I'm leaving for Portland on Saturday and then leaving  next Thursday for California I won't have much time.  That's what I get for putting it off so long, but it's hard to get into the closet cleaning mood and moving winter and summer clothes around when the weather is so cold and icky.  Well, that's my excuse anyway.  Now I have to do it tonight and tomorrow. 

Noon knitting today and I'm going to finish sewing my sleeves into the Elsie cardigan.  Maybe even start the edging!

No comments: