19 June, 2012

Where's my rain karma?

Instead of a midday break, I once again got caught in the rain for my noon run.  Also on the way to work and my after work walk with Tink.  The trifecta.  At least it's relatively warm rain.  And at least I was able to get out and run.  My stress level is still sky high and I need to blow off steam.  

I'm still very busy with a project that was supposed to stretch out for the entire year.  Unfortunately one faculty member decided that wasn't going to do, even though it is not her project.  So I've been working like a fiend trying to get as much done as I can before I am consumed with Anatomy, which will be in the next couple of weeks.  The good news is that she has been bugging me to "help".  At first I couldn't think of how exactly I could work that out, but I let it stew in my brain for a few days and came up with a workflow and tomorrow I'm going to be giving her a tutorial on how she can produce the 3 html pages and one xml page for each image she wants to review.  I am sure that she has no idea in the world how complicated it is to turn this vision into a link on a web page, but now she's going to find out.  Hopefully that'll shut her up for a while.  Right.

I had a super quiet night last night.  Except for our two walks, I didn't do much but cook some dinner and read.  It's not a bad evening, considering my busy day.  I didn't knit because I still can't figure out what's up with my allergic reaction.  It would be a drag if I was truly allergic to that yarn because it's so pretty and I was going to make myself some gloves with the left overs, which there will be.  I know I'm allergic to alpaca, but this doesn't have any alpaca in it.  It's a mystery for sure.

The name change business has stalled while I'm up to my eyes with this project.  Maybe when I get back from Portland next week and before I go on vacation I can get my picture done.  I'll have to ask again where the photo place is in the building, because that would be most convenient. 


No comments: