01 June, 2012

First one in

I turned off my alarm this morning and woke up 30 minutes late.  I didn't rush, since I've nothing urgent on my plate this morning, and I arrived to work 30 minutes late AND the first one here!  It's like a ghost town around here.  The medical students had their last final yesterday and summer session doesn't start for three weeks.  Very quiet.  Very boring.

It's now officially June so I can call this weather June Gloom and be accurate.  Gloom-B-Gone is unfortunately out of stock everywhere.  I did get a break yesterday afternoon and did my errands and run without the rain, which was nice.  I needed the run for sure.  It did make me feel good.  It must have rained all night because the streets are wet this morning, but it's not raining now and I did see a glimpse of blue sky, so maybe we'll have a decent weekend.  One can always hope.

I am looking forward to a moderately busy weekend.  I might be rehearsing, but have yet to hear from Gregg about that.  He wanted me to join him at the drummer's house as a surprise.  I am not entirely sure that's a good idea but we'll see.  Saturday is errands and then a nice afternoon with the girls.  Sunday I have to get up early and pick up coffee and pastries on the way to work for a meeting that starts at 9 am.  Yes, Sunday.  We have meetings annually with the other faculty from our sister sites who teach the same first year courses to the medical students at their Universities to set the common exam questions for the coming year and talk about all sorts of other tedious things.  Every other year the School of Medicine gets in on the act and holds talks and meetings for all of the faculty jointly during the week, so we have to hold our course meetings on the weekend.   Sunday morning is it.  The good news is that I'll be done at 11 am.  The bad news is that there are two courses I work with and they are holding their meetings at the same time on two different floors and wings. 

Fingers crossed for some sunshine this weekend.  I need some. 

No comments: