22 June, 2012

No pictures today

This was going to be my day for a new passport picture, but that is not going to be happening.  Why?  Well, the fun with hives just goes on and on.  This morning I have one right underneath my right eyebrow, forehead and the side of my left eye.  Not huge ones and not as bad as that first one a few weeks ago, but they are definitely there.  I have too much to get done today anyway.  It can wait.  The likelihood of me needing my passport before November is slim anyway.  I'll get it done when I get back from vacation.  By then I'll be relaxed and tan and hive-free (fingers crossed).

I did get to run in my skirt yesterday, it was that warm.  But not sunny, and it's cloudy and threatening rain yet again today.   Portland is such a pretty city.  I sure hope I can get outside a bit at some point even though their weather isn't going to be much better or different than Seattle.  But in one week I'll be with my sister and on our way to our Arizona adventure!  That's what I'm going to concentrate on.

The Elsie cardigan did not get touched last night, unfortunately.   After work I had planned to get a new audiobook downloaded while I shopped in my closet and tried on a few outfits for packing purposes.  But there was something going on with my laptop and I got frustrated and hot and wow .... it is amazing now that I'm on to what's going on with these hives.  The more anxious I got, the itchier I got.  I noticed it also earlier in the day when I was emailing with my real estate agent.  I really should have asked my doctor for some tranquilizers.  Anyway I was crawling out of my skin by six when I finally got the book downloaded and found a few cute outfits, so I hopped into the shower ... a cool shower because warm water exacerbates the situation.  The cortisone cream I got at the pharmacy doesn't seem to work any better than the over the counter stuff I got, but I put it on anyway.  And then I poured myself a glass of wine and tried to relax.  It took an hour and a half for me to calm down!  This entire situation is just amazing to me, when I can step out of it. Who would have predicted that I could be in such a state for so long that I would break out in hives?  I do believe the antihistamines are helping at least a little bit, although the new ones on my face .....  There are no new ones on my arms this morning and for that I am grateful.

I am looking forward to my train ride tomorrow.  Three and a half hours to Portland.  I shall work on the Aristida shawl/scarf.  I will be able to get well into the border chart, hopefully, if the scenery doesn't distract too much.  It is an awfully pretty ride.

No comments: