07 June, 2012

Swimming upstream

The last thing that was said on the news last evening was "It's going to be raining for sure tomorrow morning".  Correct.  It is raining, and raining hard again.  I didn't get to run yesterday so I am hoping that we get our midday break so that I can run today.  Or even if it would slow down a bit.  I don't mind getting a little wet if I can only get out there and try to outrun this mood.

It doesn't help that I had to work Sunday, albeit only for a few hours.  Yesterday felt like Friday and ... well yes, it was only Wednesday.  The good news is that I have lots and lots to do.  It would be worse if there wasn't much on my plate.  We count our blessings where we find them.  I'm digging. 

The Elsie cardigan is that close to being finished.  I got one of the sleeves sewn in yesterday at noon and the second one pinned in.  Maybe tonight I'll do the edging.  Last night I worked on the mystery project.  I wanted to do a few rows on the new Aristida Shawl that I started on the weekend for my sister.  But since I have just started it I really need to concentrate on it and therefore it's not TV knitting, or even listening to music knitting.  Hopefully that'll change after another repeat.

This morning I need to dig right into a tough project.  I really wanted to do it yesterday afternoon, but the IT guy was working on my new server and I couldn't do it!  That's so frustrating.  I was on a roll and wanted to keep at it.  I received an update to some software I am using to make a new virtual microscope that will let us see our annotations on the iOS version pages.  I am hoping it's going to be a simple install and I won't have to do a lot of fussing, but regardless, I think I'm going to have to add a line of code to all of the iOS pages that I've made so far and that's going to be tedious at best. Wow ... I'm a complainer this morning, aren't I? 

On the positive side -- in three weeks I'll be heading out for my nice little vacation with my sister. And maybe we'll get a break in this rain soon.  I can hope, can't I?

No comments: