08 June, 2012

What a slog

I am SO glad this week is nearly over!  This has been an incredibly stressful week for me.  Things are about to turn around, I can just feel it.  We should have a nice weekend, or at least not pouring rain, plus it looks like it's going to be sunny on Sunday.  That's a bonus because my real estate agent is going to do another open house and it's always best when it's sunny.  Hopefully this will be the weekend when my house sells.  I really really hope so.

I was lucky and did get my midday break in the weather so I had a nice and much needed run.  It was sprinkling when I started, but was clearing on my way back and I had good strength and wind.  It always makes me feel better.  It's nice to be able to count on that.  I do have to proctor a final today but not until 2:30 so I'm going to be able to run again to start my weekend off right.  It's graduation weekend and so there are people bustling about in their caps and gowns and colorful hoods.  The main graduation ceremony is tomorrow but some of the colleges have them today - medical school for one.

I did something yesterday evening that I haven't done for ages.  I sat in my comfy chair after my walk with Tink and knit quietly for over an hour, finishing up the first 20 row repeat (of three) for that new scarf/shawl.  It is truly amazing how calming that can be.  Just silence and my needles and my dog by my side.  It helps when it's a complicated pattern because my thoughts are just on the knitting and not on that other scary stuff.  Then I had some dinner and knit a little more, but only the easy project, and watched the first episode of "Necessary Roughness" that I had recorded.  It gives me my football fix, since it's about a therapist working with a professional football team.  Just a little run up to real football.  Tink was quite insistent that it was bedtime at 9 (!) so I went to bed with her and played with my iPad for a couple of hours and had a very decent sleep.

I keep seeing that jackass who tried to drive through the hedge Sunday night.  He parks a few spaces down from me and I see him driving into the parking lot when I'm out for our 7 pm walk.  I really want to ask him what he thought he was doing, but that's pointless isn't it?  He was obviously drunk out of his mind and the sole reason his truck didn't go through the hedge and instead got stuck is that there was a very large tree behind the hedge.  It took that tow truck driver over an hour and a half- a very noisy hour and a half - to pull him out of that spot.  I think it's better I don't talk to him.  I'm still angry. 

Here's to a good weekend for all!

No comments: