11 December, 2012

Autopilot

We are all such creatures of habit, and I don't usually mind.  It's what keeps me from forgetting my keys and things like that.  Other times it's not such a good thing.  I brought my running clothes home with me last night to wash them since I had forgotten them on Friday and I had run in them Monday.   I did my laundry and, as I usually do, separated the running clothes out from the other clothes and put them into a bag to bring to work.  And this morning I even added a couple of pairs of socks and my running bra, so it was in my mind to take that bag.  But when I got back from walking Tink I just grabbed my purse and headed out to the bus stop.  It wasn't until I was on the bus that I realized that I hadn't brought my running clothes with me!  Arghgh!  And I had had such a good run yesterday.  I was really looking forward to my run this afternoon.  Now I'm going t have to settle for a walk instead.  Yes, I do have my running shorts and a shirt here, socks and shoes, but not my one crucial piece of gear. 

Yesterday evening was super busy.  While I was doing laundry I was packing and I got so much done!  Also, I had put up notices that I was getting rid of some things and I had people coming by to take a look at bookcases and things like that.  One of my favorite tenants came by - a beautiful young mother and her three children.  They are adorable but oh my goodness, they were like little destructive tornadoes!  The little boy, who is 2, was a terror.  I caught him putting handfuls of Tink's food into her water dish, and then I caught him with her food, sprinkling red pepper flakes into it!  The pepper had been on the counter - I wouldn't even have thought he could see it let alone grab it.  I had put on the flyer that I had some yarn I wanted to give away and she was interested in that.  She is going to take it all - the two crates in my storage closet and the two big bags of odds and ends I culled from my yarn shelf!  I am so happy to be able to help her out and get rid of the stuff as well.  She's also taking one short bookcase and I had another couple people say they were interested in the other larger ones.  Good!  The less I have to actually dump, the better.

I worked for 3 hours solid and then collapsed and had a bite to eat and watched some silly TV.  Tonight after I'm done with my 3 (or so) hours I'd like to figure out what I did with the Argosy wrap and get that  row finished.  Then I'm going to have to put the knitting away until after I get moved and unpacked.  I hate living in disarray, but it can't be helped when you're packing everything up.  And it's only for a few more days. 

No comments: