13 December, 2012

Double whammy

Sometimes I hate riding the bus.  Well ... I almost always hate riding the bus, but sometimes I hate it even more.  Yesterday on the way home I was assaulted by two loud phone talkers.  One guy sitting right across from me had been doing the same thing the day before, which is speaking WAY too loudly.  To make matters worse it was in a foreign tongue, so I couldn't even understand it.  [Joke - like "The food was terrible.  And such small portions".]  And last night to add insult to injury there was a woman sitting right behind me who came on the bus with her phone and talked nonstop, in a loud voice of course, for her entire ride.  That was two stops before mine so I got to enjoy her babble for quite a while.  I had my ear buds in, of course, but even with the sound cranked I couldn't help but have to hear about her social life.  Maybe it's time to invest in some noise cancelling headphones?

I needed some knitting therapy after that nonsense, but it wasn't meant to be.  I had too much to do at home.  Oh and I was so very very tired.  I had a shower and that perked me up somewhat and I made another push before I put down the tape gun and made a nice dinner.  Then it was a quiet hour relaxing with some stupid TV and I was out like a light.  I've pretty much done all of the time consuming packing - the delicate and fragile things that much be wrapped.  I've got a few last dishes and then the rest of the things I've left to pack are easy, just throw them in a box type of things.  I'm pretty proud of myself, actually.  I don't feel panicked at all.  I've got 5 guys and another woman to help with the move Saturday and it is going to be considerably less stuff than I moved out of my house.  Even if it's raining, which it is pretty likely to be, the load in will be under cover because there is a garage at my new place.  Only a few more nights of freeway noise as my lullaby.

No comments: