03 December, 2012

Back to the real world

Ah yes -- that's what always happens when vacation is over.  Back to the real world.  I really missed being able to blog while I was away but my the issue with my iPad could never be resolved.  It was seamless the last times I was away so I don't have a clue what was going on. 

Basically it was a fabulous get away.  I got to visit with old friends and sleep in and wander the streets.  The weather wasn't perfect and certainly not anything like the last November when it was quite unseasonable.  This time it was cold but only raining some of the time.  The last two days in London were spectacular.  I walked so much!  I visited the Natural History Museum on Thursday and Friday the National Portrait Gallery and after that I walked up to St. Paul's Cathedral.  This was a whole new part of London for me to see on foot and since it is prominent in the books I am currently listening to, it was nice to put into perspective.

Not once did I feel the uncontrollable urge to knit, although it crossed my mind a couple of times.  I never feel like I have that much time to actually just be sitting and not doing anything but knit.  And I was busy and/or distracted with football this weekend so maybe tonight I can get a few rows done and get back into the groove.  I have so very much to do getting ready to move on the 15th that I don't suspect I'll be getting too much knitting done.

Speaking of my move -- I finally got to see the inside of my new apartment on Sunday.  It is small, no doubt about that.  But the environment is WAY better than where I am currently so it is going to be an easy trade off.  I made some measurements and scoped out the closet situation.  I have a lovely view and a fountain in the courtyard right outside my windows.  Nice.  The difficult part is going to be getting rid of all the extra stuff that I have no room for in the new place.  My goal is to sort and bag all of that type of stuff this week so that this weekend I can get it hauled to the donation sites or wherever.  Then the following week I can just pack at a leisurely pace and be ready to move on Saturday.  Good schedule but let's see how well I do, eh?

Thanks to the PJV Method of Combating Jet Lag (PJVMCJL), I am feeling perfectly back in sync today and if the weather holds out I'll be running at lunchtime.  This is a big switch for me.  Typically I spend a week wallowing after vacation.  But I don't have that luxury this time.  Too much to get accomplished.   There was a huge storm last night and I had to close the windows it was so loud and windy.  It isn't bad this morning - no wind or rain - but it could come back at any time.  Let's hope it holds off until after lunchtime.

Happy birthday greetings to the aforementioned PJV.  And now -- time to dig in.

No comments: