10 December, 2012

Work work work

I am just astonished at how much I have taken out of that apartment this weekend.  It's crazy!  On Saturday I took 13 large bags of books to the used book store to sell.  This time I had things they wanted and I actually got some money for them.  It took the sorters more than an hour to go through it all.  And before that I took bags and bags of clothing and shoes to the donation site.  I would have thought that the apartment would feel empty after that purge but ... no.  On Sunday I took some larger things - an entire pick-up truck bed worth - to a friend's for temporary storage.  Things like my golf clubs and skis, boxes of Christmas ornaments, a card table and chairs ....  I don't know what all.  And then in the evening I cleaned out cupboards and closets and took four more bags down to the trash.  It is so liberating to be rid of all this stuff! 

While I was poking around through my storage closet boxes I found two large plastic crates of knitting stuff -  finished products and yarn.  That is in addition to the baskets and bags of odds and ends that I must purge myself of that are on the shelf and in my office.  I will enlist the help of my knitting lady friends.  I really don't want to toss this stuff in the garbage but it is difficult for me to get it to a donation site during the week.

I had one last chance to make it to the fantasy football playoffs.  I thought last week was it, but  no I had another chance.  I did set my lineup even though I didn't think I was in the running but I got just crushed and I don't think I could have done anything better had I known I was in the running.  The Seahawks were absolutely unstoppable this weekend against Arizona and the defense got my opponent 41 points!  Forty-one!!  My defense got my 4 points, I had one player out completely and two others that barely scored anything.  I was soundly trounced.  I do have Tom Brady tonight but I don't think even Tom can help me.  I am out.  Ah well -- I shall set my sights on next year.

It's hard to get to work when I would much rather be at home packing but there's nothing for it so I'd better dig in.

No comments: