20 December, 2012

Foiled by the rain

Oh my - is it ever raining -- still.  I was hoping to be able to get rid of the two chairs to the donation station set up at the mall, but the rain made it impossible.  Also impossible to get a Christmas tree.  I have carved out a little spot for a small tree but I didn't want to be hauling a wet tree into my apartment so that'll have to wait for the weekend.  It is supposed to stop raining soon.  But rain or shine, I MUST finish my Christmas shopping tonight.  I just have a couple of things to pick up at Nordstrom and then a quick trip to Barnes and Noble and that should do it.  I'll pick up some wrapping paper as well and get started on that tonight, hopefully.  I was thinking ahead and all of the gifts I bought while I was on my November trip were small and thus easily packed into the bottom of my suitcase.  Then when I get to my sister's I can put the ribbons on them. 

It is very difficult to be at work this week.  I don't have anything that's urgent and therefore I have a hard time buckling down to do any real work.  I'd rather be home finishing my apartment.  There's not much left for me to do until I can get new furniture for the bedroom, and that's going to have to wait until January.  My artwork is stacked up in the bedroom against the walls, making it even harder to get around.  But I don't want to hang anything until I see how much wall space I'm going to be opening up in the bedroom.  Maybe I should re-think that.  I could probably get a good bit of it up in the living area and the hallway and that would in turn open up more room in the bedroom.  But I honestly don't think I'll be able to fit it in this weekend.  I'll be getting home late tomorrow, and Saturday is the Husky bowl game and Sunday I'll be getting packed to leave on Monday.  So I'm going to have to just relax about it and try to enjoy the holiday.

I found out this morning that one of my neighbors - I can't tell if it's upstairs or downstairs - gets up at the same time I do.  Their alarm went off at exactly the same time and it sounded like vibration, so I am guessing it's an iPhone too.  But that's all I heard, as if the phone were on the floor or against the wall.  This apartment building reminds of me of a nice hotel.  When you go out your door the hallway is quiet and the door makes a nice click when it closes.

I thoroughly enjoyed noon knitting yesterday, even though I only did a couple of rows on the Argosy wrap.  I'm going to take the lace blouse with me when I go to California.  I am hoping I can get a few quiet times for some nice, relaxing lace knitting.  And just in case, I'll get a pair of socks on the needles for TV time.  Kelli always watches the most inane shows.  At least I can have my hands busy.

No comments: