19 December, 2012

Is it rain? Is it snow?

It's a mess, that's for sure!  I didn't wake up until 7 this morning -- forgot to turn on my iPhone alarm last night -- and I could hear the rain.  But when I walked out the door of the building with Tink I could see it was snow as well.  It's just over freezing, thank goodness, or it would be all snow. 

Tuesday kind of disappeared.  I wasn't feeling terrific on Monday and blamed it on being overly tired, but it became increasingly clearer Monday night that it was a little bug, so I stayed home yesterday.  By mid-afternoon I was feeling good enough to work more on re-arranging my place.  The kitchen and living area is now done.  And I combed through my closet Monday night and took another bag of shoes and three more bags of clothes down to the donation bin that is so handily located in our recycle room.  So now my closet is lean, baby.  If I buy anything I have to throw something else out.  No more junk in my closet.  It feels pretty darned good, actually. 

I have two dining room chairs - one I use for my desk and the other sitting behind the table.  So if I have company for dinner there is a chair.  I don't have any room for the other two chairs.  I refuse to be tiptoeing around my own living space.  Just because it's small doesn't mean it has to be cluttered.  So they need to be taken to the Goodwill bin.  The bathroom will be finished tonight.  As soon as the little cupboard is bolted to the wall I can finish putting away the rest of the bathroom things.  That leaves the bedroom. I was WAY off on how that could work.   A couple of smaller pieces of furniture in there will make a world of difference. 

I just love the building so much!  Everything is super clean, the tenants are extremely nice, and there are breed restrictions, so no aggressive dogs are allowed.  No Pit Bulls, no German Shepherds, no Rottweilers and ... oh, one other one I can't remember.  And quiet?  Oh heavens ... it is so quiet.  The only noise I heard yesterday was the maintenance man vacuuming the halls.  Tink has a nice long hallway to chase her ball in, and she seems to like the paths round the creek.  I am happy happy happy!!

And now Christmas is looming.  I haven't finished my shopping, nor have I wrapped and mailed gifts to California, so I guess I'm going to have to put them in my suitcase.  It's getting a little late.  Maybe if I wrapped them tonight I could get them sent tomorrow .... I'll see. 

Noon knitting today.  How long has it been since I've run?  Too long.  Hopefully I can do it tomorrow and Friday before my week of sloth in California. 

No comments: