05 December, 2012

I think I'm caught up now

After waking at 4:30 yesterday morning, I was a zombie by 5.  I didn't get a chance to run because I had students coming to see their most recent exam and I needed to get up to the post office and back quickly.  I have to get my sister's birthday present sent off today or she'll not get it until after her birthday, since she's decided on a quickie trip to Hawaii with my nephews - a kind of joint birthday celebration.  Since I just came back from Europe I don't get to go.  How could I be disappointed?  And yet I am.  I love Hawaii!!  Ah well -- I'll get to see them all in a few weeks anyway.

The weather is nasty and blowing and cold but Tink still needs to be walked, so off we went after work.  I was hoping it would wake me up a bit, but all it did was make me uncomfortable.  I had a goal though that needed to be met, so after drying Tink I tackled the chore, which was cleaning out the rest of the clothes to get them ready for the donation bin.  The only thing left now in that vein is the shoes and boots.  I always hate to get rid of shoes but I have to be brave.

I found a nice room arranging web site and I believe I've got the bedroom all set.  That leaves the living/dining area and I am torn.  I would have more room if I got rid of my comfy chair and I almost got to the point last night, but I think I'm going to keep it and move it and see if I can make it work.  It's such a comfortable piece and Tink and I can fit comfortably on the seat while I knit.  I love that!  I tried to do the living/dining area set up on the web site after getting the bedroom set but the program kept acting up so I'll have to try again later - maybe today.

I fought to stay up until 10 last night and fell into a deep sleep and, thankfully, slept through the night without waking up and tossing and turning.  So I feel pretty good today and good thing because it's going to be busy today - I've got a meeting this morning that's going to take up the biggest part, then off to our staff holiday lunch.  That doesn't leave that much real work time in this day.

No comments: