04 December, 2012

Jet lag or just a busy brain?

Jet lag is, of course, entirely different going west.  And I must admit that I got pretty darned cocky about handling it.  I fought going to sleep too early last night and made it to my normal bedtime, slept great and then .... woke up at 4:30 am and couldn't go back to sleep!!  Part of it was that my brain is going a million miles an hour around my move and all the things I want to get accomplished before the 15th and how am I going to get it done and around and around and around.  Of course everything will be fine in the end, but there is a lot of work that is going to be needed to make it be fine.  I didn't really dig in to it last night like I had wanted to.  I needed to finish cleaning my apartment and getting the rest of the laundry done.  I can't work in a messy environment, even if it's packing and sorting.  And after that I was tired so I gave myself permission to just veg for the rest of the evening.

I didn't bother watching the football game.  I needed over 30 points from my one guy and I knew it was a long shot.  So I missed being in the playoffs by less than 20 points at the end of it.  Darn!  I was doing so well at the beginning.  The thing is I had torn allegiance this weekend because the Seahawks were playing the Bears and I needed the Bears defense to get me the usual HUGE amount of points, but on the other hand if they had gotten those points that would have meant they were beating the Seahawks.  As it turned out, the Seahawks won and that is good because then they have a chance at the playoffs.  But still .... So see?  I'm torn.

I wonder if I'm going to have any time to knit before I move?  I am getting kind of twitchy.  Maybe I can allow myself an hour to knit tonight if I get one closet sorted and cleaned out.  That sounds like a good trade off. 

No comments: