21 December, 2012

Lost and Found

As much as I hate packing for a move, there is an up side.  That's finding lost treasures. A few months ago I was lamenting the fact that I must have donated my awesome BCBG boots, because I couldn't find them anywhere.  It was surprising, since I loved them and couldn't imagine getting rid of them.  But when I was packing I found them at the bottom of a box in my storage closet.  Evidently when I first moved in I left them in the box with other odds and ends because it was springtime and I wouldn't be needing them.  And then I forgot about it.  So yay me!  I love these boots.   Although with the super high heel it was a bit dicey walking Tink and getting to the bus.  It's a little slick out there.  No rain though.

As much as I wanted to empty that last box and put away things into my bathroom cupboard, I had to get a few presents purchased and a few wrapped.  The convenience of being able to just walk to the mall is fabulous.  No parking hassles.  Just cross the street.  I did quite well, met my goals and was able to relax around 7:30.  Unfortunately, I wanted to relax in front of the TV and it wouldn't go on!  The television would, but I couldn't get the cable box to work.  After a telephone call to the cable company I figured it out.  There is an outlet that is controlled by a switch and guess which outlet the TV is plugged into?  Yup.  I know -- don't say it.  Move the plug to another outlet.  But because of the wall unit's placement, that is much easier said than done.  So for now I'll just have to be sure to keep that switch in the on position.  Once that was sorted I fixed some dinner and watched a silly movie.  I wanted to knit but I don't quite have myself set up for that yet, lighting-wise.  I'm getting there slowly.  I think once the dining chairs are gone to Goodwill and I have my little storage bench and ottoman I'll feel better, because there will be just that much less clutter around.

I forgot to check my channel line up for the Husky bowl game tomorrow.  I'll have to do that tonight, because if I don't get that channel in my new set up then I'm going to have to plan on going somewhere to watch it tomorrow.  Probably the Ram.  It's fun to watch football there with all the other fans.  It's almost like going to the game.  But since this one is in Las Vegas ....  And then the Seahawks on Sunday night.  That is going to be a fantastic game.  Since they've put more than 50 points on their last two opponents, and  San Francisco is also doing well, it is getting a lot of hype with the playoffs coming up.  Very exciting weekend.

No comments: