14 December, 2012

In case it's not been obvious ....

I am beyond excited to be moving out of this apartment.  I think the only other time I have been this enthused about moving was when I was going to Paris for six months.  I am beyond over this apartment complex.  This morning when I took Tink for her walk there was dog urine on the elevator floor!  Last night when I took out some garbage the entrance to the garbage enclosure was mostly blocked by a mattress and box springs.  I had to push them over in order to get through!  PIGS!!  There will be none of that nonsense at my new place.  There are little rooms with garbage shoots - recycle and garbage.  There is no way to dump furniture.

I brought a HUGE bag of hand knit sweaters in with me this morning.  My friend Peggy has volunteered to keep them for me until the knitters retreat next October, when I will take them to sell or trade.  She says it's a very popular thing to do there.  I would hate to toss them after all that work.  But here's what I learned - I don't wear bulky sweaters, no matter how gorgeous the yarn.  I don't wear many pullovers at all.  I kept three cardigans out of the 10 or eleven things I brought.  Thankfully I quit using bulky yarn long ago or I would have had even more.

Today is the last final for the students before they head off for the Christmas holiday and I am administering it in 30 minutes.   Then it'll be a short day for me.  I've got the kitchen to pack up tonight and the bathroom and my clothes.  It'll be easy, but might take a few hours.  Can you believe I packed up all my stuff from my big house in only two days, by myself?  It was difficult, I will say.  But I was terribly motivated.  It's much nicer to take my time, a few hours a day.  I think that's another reason it'll be nice to get out of this place.  It represents my flight.  This next place will represent my calm, fun life.

No comments: