06 December, 2012

I just know it's going to hurt

Monday when I ran it wasn't terrific.  I did make it through the entire run, but I was back to the slow pace I had before my banana fueled jump in speed.  I couldn't run on Tuesday, nor yesterday so I have got to get back out there today and I just know that it's going to be another tough one.  That makes it all that much more difficult to actually change my clothes and get out there.  I am determined though.  It isn't that bad once I actually get going anyway and I know that.  But at this point, only a few sips into my first cup of tea ... well, I'm not looking forward to it.

I took the night off from doing any packing chores last night, but tonight I am going to start packing up glassware and other nonessential types of things.  Since I did all of the packing when I moved out of my big house I know how long it takes and I saved all of the boxes, so I am set.  I will put some music on and just dig in.  Actually it goes pretty fast.  And then this weekend I've got to get all of the books and clothes out to donation sites.  I think I'll also put up a couple of fliers around the building and get rid of some things that way - some bookcases I haven't room for, my microwave and sewing machine ... I am sure I'll be able to find plenty of things like that.  If they don't go by mid-week then it's off to Goodwill with them too.

It is quite cold, but at least not freezing.  If it can stay this way for the next week and a half that'll be super.  Regardless of how much I get rid of, it's still not going to be nice to have to move in the rain.  The good news is that my new building has an underground garage, so worst case we'll have to tarp up the open trucks and since it's only a little over a mile we won't have to worry much about things getting wet.

I must find some time for knitting tonight.  I am feeling the need for the .... how can I describe it?  The way it makes me feel sometimes, like chanting perhaps.  It's a rhythm that is soothing.  Or like meditation maybe.  Because if you're concentrating on a pattern and repeating it in your head, then there's no room for worries.  Not that I have many of those these days, thankfully.  I am quite happy.  My trip really helped.  Every once in a while I just need to be there.  And then I'm fine for a while.  Just a while.

No comments: