08 November, 2013

A little better this morning

I guess I'm getting used to it, slowly slowly.  I don't feel quite so groggy this morning.  Although maybe it's because there is a bit of sun peeping through the clouds.  It was blustery and rainy yesterday and my knee was a bit tweaky.  I needed to get something notarized so I skipped my run and instead walked up to the bank and back.  It's not quite so far as the run would be, but it's uphill on the way so I felt like I got a bit of a work out and didn't stress my knee.  I've no excuse today so I've got to run.  I just hope the rain stays away until after noon.

I was quite ready to sit and knit all evening while the football game was on, but lo and behold, when I got the mail what was in there but a new knitting magazine.  So - reading about knitting rather than doing.   I didn't see anything in there I really wanted to make, but that's just first time through.  I always go through them a couple of times at least.  I seem to be on a real scarf/wrap/shawl thing though, don't I?  Perhaps because it's always so hot in my office that wearing a sweater is right out.  I should get back to the Mariah though.  It's more of a jacket and I know I'd wear it.  When I finish the Juneberry Triangle I think I'll make it my noon knitting project until I get the tricky, intricately cabled arms done.  Everything else then will be TV knitting.

My weekend will consist of painting and watching football.  A three day weekend at that.  But it's got to get done so there's no reason to complain.  And when it's done ... ahhhhh ... I get my little space to myself again.  It hasn't been as tough as I thought it might be, sharing my little teensie space, but it will be nice to have my closet to myself so I can have ALL my shoes and boots instead of having to go up to the storage closet when I want a different coat or boots or whatever.  And to have my hats accessible again instead of in a laundry basket on top of the dryer.  Well -- you get the idea.  But it will be a couple more weeks at least.  In the meantime, think of me with paint in my hair.

No comments: