25 November, 2013

Super duper quiet

Wow ... talk about quiet.  I am alone in the office suite, the chairman's secretary is out down the hall too.  The administrator is here, but she's down the hall and around the corner.  So I should be able to get lots and lots of work done today, and I've got plenty to do.  It's a short week (woohoo). 

Wing span 61"
The weekend felt short too, but Saturday I didn't have to paint so that was nice.  I got some time to do a little cleaning, a little laundry and, most important, got to block the Juneberry Triangle!  I still regret the yarn choice, but with some good blocking the pattern is a little more obvious, as are the "berries", AKA bobbles. 
 This is the detail of the knitted on edging.  I just love the swoops and bobbles, like little waves.  Oddly there is a mistake that I see and I cannot for the life of me figure out how in the world it happened.  I truly did not know I was off while I was knitting it.  I don't think it would be obvious to the untrained eye.  Can you see?

And here we have all three patterns showing. I am very very pleased with how this turned out.  I wore it today as a scarf.  It is so soft up against my skin.  And the blue does look nice up against the black of my coat.  Just lovely!  And I've got yarn left for a  pair of mitts, which I may try to get done before it gets really really cold.

And now ... to work on the project that would normally take me to Hawaii.  Ah well ... January and Mexico will be here soon enough.

No comments: