12 November, 2013

Long lost weekend

Who doesn't love a long weekend?  I am a HUGE fan.  What's not to like?  Lazy days, sleeping in, an extra day for chores or just being a slob.  Except that's not the long weekend I got.  It was a painting weekend, all three days.  Although there were football evenings and both my teams won (yay).  My fantasy team, on the other hand, is in the toilet.  I lost another squeaker.  Oh well, there's always next year.

So - painting.  Who knew it would take so long to paint this house?  I guess that's inexperience talking.  But lots of good progress was made.  During those three days I painted ALL the molding for the entire house, plus all the window frames as well.   This was done of course on saw horses.  I think I would have killed myself if I had to paint all of that installed.  Thankfully it was done before installation.  And if that wasn't enough I did more cutting of the other rooms and yesterday came that close to finishing up the first coat in the office.  I would have finished it entirely but I ran out of paint.  That in itself, that one room, took about 4 1/2 hours.  The closet alone took a lot of time.  The fact that the ceiling is white and all of the walls are colored makes for a pretty challenging project, especially with the highly textured walls.  My poor hands, but especially my right hand which I used for the cutting. 

Did that stop me from knitting?  Hah!  I got SO much good work done on the Juneberry Triangle this weekend.  Saturday evening watching the Huskies play, and then again Sunday evening watching the Seahawks and then last night the Monday night game.  Although I must admit that I had to stop last night because my hand was really hurting.  But I have only three more repeats of the 12 row edging pattern and I am done.  It does need some rigorous blocking but I am SO loving that pattern.  Gorgeous.

It's sprinkling today but I very much need my run, so let's hope it's not pouring in a few hours.

No comments: