22 November, 2013

Another awesome YarnBox

My November YarnBox arrived yesterday.  I wasn't expecting it for another few days so that was a nice surprise.  While not even 1/2 way through my latest project using YarnBox yarn I was happy to see it come.  Who doesn't like a surprise?  And what a nice surprise this time - a luxury yarn.  This box came with two skeins of a creamy colored yarn that is 75% yak down and 25% bamboo.  It is the softest yarn, and looks like it might even have a bit of a halo.  Only 360 yards of sport weight, but plenty for a nice soft, warm scarf.  It would be a nice gift.

The event in the Great Room was really quite fun last night.  It took a bit of time to get going because most people were treating it like a party (arriving late) rather than a class, which is what I thought it was going to be and what the presenters thought as well.  But as soon as there were 20 or so people there it really got rolling and I learned some new things about cocktails.  One of the most surprising is that gin isn't have bad, especially if it's good gin.  And my newest favorite cocktail is the Aviation cocktail.  Oh my goodness is it ever good!  And gorgeous looking because it has a dash of creme de violette so it's a light purple color.  I suspect the ingredients are a bit pricey but oh so worth it.  It would be a lovely cocktail to serve at a dinner party.

It was over by 8:30, then Tink got a walk and I was ready to curl up to read for a little while.  After the cocktails about half of the people went to see the premier of "Catching Fire" which, from the noise I heard at 12:30 and 2:30, must have played several times in a row. 

Yesterday felt like Friday.  What a let down.  But it's another gorgeous sunny day today and it is, in fact, Friday.  And a short week next week!  This weekend I am determined to get my Juneberry Triangle blocked.  I shall put it on top of my list for tomorrow.

No comments: