27 November, 2013

Short week and short day

A Wednesday without noon knitting.  I'm leaving early today since they're closing the office early so we're skipping noon knitting today.  Everyone is super busy anyway.  It's going to be another gorgeous, sunny day so I am really looking forward to being able to enjoy a little more than the typical 30 or 40 minutes a day I get to be in the sun lately.  I am grateful for the clear skies so we get to see the sun at all! 

Last week I was looking at boots on line and found what I thought was the perfect pair of casual boots to replace the ones I bought two years ago in Trier.  Or was it 3 years?  No ... 2.  Anyway they came last night and they're going right back to the store.  Luckily I can return them to the physical store even though I bought them on line.  They're cute boots, but they're too tight at the calf to wear with pants tucked in, or with leggings.  And that's what I need, not another pair to wear with skirts.  I have three of those already.  So, cute as they are they go back and hopefully I can find a suitable replacement at the store.  I did find a pair on line and they have them at the store.  I should probably call to have them hold onto my size.

So I've got tons of work to do in half a day.  That means it should zip by!  I'm hoping I can get some knitting done tonight.  I got nothing done last night but chores and silly TV.  Tomorrow I've got to get up and get my vegetables made for the dinner, then a quick stop at the house to do a little touch up so that furniture can be moved in on Friday and ... and I can finally get my little teensie place back to myself.  I can't believe it's been four months I've been sharing this tiny space.  I'm lucky to be alive.  Or somebody is. 

Thanksgiving weekend is upon us. It's so late this year though!  But it's here and that means football and plenty of it!  The Apple Cup is Friday so I'm going to have to record it since we'll be moving furniture and boxes.  And then I'm done futzing with that house until Ben gets back from his 18 day business trip.  And boy oh boy do I need a rest from it!  Frankly, I cannot wait for the boredom to set in and I believe it will take a long long time for that to happen.  I envision lazy weekends and evenings lounging on the couch with my iPad and silly movies playing on the TV.  Endless QUIET hours of knitting.  Ahhhhh  All I have to do is make it through Friday afternoon and I'm home free.  Nice.

No comments: