18 November, 2013

Perfection!

Yesterday was an absolutely perfect day from top to bottom!  I got to sleep in, did a little grocery shopping, then got some new clothes - which I have been needing for months, frankly.  I didn't get new boots, which I also need desperately since my casual boots that I bought two years ago when I was with Emma in Trier are quite beat up.  And I also needed a new sweat shirt or hoodie.  But otherwise I got some pants and a dress and a couple of tunics, two blouses and a couple of other tops.  It was quite satisfying.  After that it was laundry and football.  Ahhhhh .... perfection. 

I had intended to block the Juneberry Triangle but Saturday was spent painting - still lots and lots to do, unfortunately.  Perhaps I can get to it this week.  I had started the Ombrelone a few days earlier but I made a mistake about 15 rows in, then another at the 30 row mark and I decided I would just take it out and start over.  I am very glad I did.  I got caught up and a few more rows in.  It's a simple knit but you can't put in markers really so you have to be on your game.

Only nine more weeks until our trip to Mexico!  I didn't realize it was that close, but after painting Saturday we went to a wine tasting that my friend Steve was pouring and he pointed it out.  Wow .... I guess I'm going to have to go fat.  Now to find a bathing suit to hide the pudge.  The good news is that we're all in the same boat.  Winter beach vacations ... yipes.  Steve says never mind - we'll all be waist deep in the water anyway.  I like the way he thinks.  I had better make sure I can put my hands on my passport.

No comments: