19 November, 2013

Talk about luck!

Every couple of years I help out with a meeting, mostly getting the abstract booklet together, and helping out with other meeting details.  My reward for this is attending the meeting in Hawaii.  Every two years I look forward to it, because it happens in January and I always want to get away in January.  So guess when the meeting is this coming January.  Go ahead, guess.  Right.  It's the exact same week as the Mexico vacation.  Since my boss isn't directly involved in the meeting this time I didn't think I would be called upon to participate, but he came into my office yesterday to ask me if I would do it.  Oh I was SO bummed all day I could barely work.  Of course I'm going to do the booklet anyway, but it just KILLS me to miss a free trip to Hawaii.  I lllllove Hawaii!  I know I'll have fun in Mexico, but it's not going to be the same.   I told him they could send me to Hawaii in March instead.   We shall see.

I cooked an awesome dinner last night, if I do say so myself.  I had a bottle of Italian sparkling wine that definitely needed a spicy hot meal because I knew it would be rather sweeter than I am used to.  I found a great recipe for shrimp fra diavolo and it turned out quite well.  I think next time I might cut the onion down a bit, and maybe add more tomato.  Otherwise, it was just yummy and as I had hoped, the sweet wine was just fine with it.

I needed Tom Brady to get 20 points so I could win my match up but of course he did not.  Twelve points was not enough and now I am dead last.  This is the absolute worst I have done in all the time I have played fantasy football.  And it really speaks to the fact that I did absolutely no preparation for the draft.  I have learned my lesson. 

I finished up the first portion of the Ombrelone and started the first of the stripes.  It is such great TV knitting.  And I am loving this yarn.  I hope I can get the other blocked.  I don't know when though.  Well, I'll figure it out.

It was pouring rain yesterday so I didn't run.  I hope it slows down a bit today so I can get out there.  I need my endorphins.

No comments: