20 February, 2014

A fig scone

Every once in a while, if there is no line at the coffee stand, I'll stop for a latte on the way to my office.  Today I really wanted a coffee and, as luck would have it, there was no line.  I ordered my tall skinny and as I was waiting, scanned the pastries and saw something delicious looking.  Now that's something I VERY rarely do, ordering a pastry with my coffee.  However, who could resist a fig scone with flax and sunflower seeds?  You?  I thought so.

I had the best of intentions to finish up the little hat last evening.  However I was encouraged to try "House of Cards", a political drama starring Kevin Spacey that is a Netflix original program and has just started its second season.  I watched the first episode last night and am completely hooked.  I couldn't knit while I was watching that, but afterwards I worked on it for about an hour until I was too tired.  I did indeed run out of the Pixy Mini, but it is at the very tippy top of the hat so I will just keep on with the single thread of Stardust.  If I elect to get the furry ball for the top (I know, it sounds silly but looks awesome) then it will cover up the lack.  I'll assess the look tonight.  Maybe I'll make a pom-pom myself.  Or skip it all together.

I just got an email regarding the fundraiser I am attending Saturday.  The one with the formal dress code.  Ooops, says the email, it's not formal after all.  Casual/nice dress.  Really?  Seriously?  Two days before the event?  I am wearing my new dress.  Screw it.  If I'm overdressed I don't care.  That's just ... well, it actually makes me a little angry.  But oh well.  At least it wasn't the other way around.  I had a day to shop.  There's nothing worse than having to go out and get a special outfit in just a couple of hours.  As we all know - that never ends up well. 

I am getting excited about the doctor visit tomorrow.  Although, truth be told, I seriously don't feel like I should be in real shoes yet.  I am anxious to see the X-ray.

No comments: