06 February, 2014

Wow! Is it ever cold!!

Once again we're in the grips of some super cold air.  The skies are clear and I woke up to 19 degree weather.  Yipes!  That is well below freezing.  The building maintenance crew was out early salting every little frozen puddle - and there were plenty.  It looked like the outdoor plants were watered recently since there were frozen trails from each one. 

I made it through an entire day at work yesterday.  It was painful and most of the day I had my foot elevated.  The hardest part, actually, was walking the dog.  I should have used a crutch but that would be quite difficult.   I didn't do much around the house in the evening.  My big thing was getting my hair blown out!  I have been having to wear it curly ever since my trip.  In Mexico it was not possible to blow it out - too hot and humid.  Last night was my first chance.  And that's about all I did except walk the dog.  Oh -- I did get unpacked at last.  Then I just crashed on the couch and played with my Apple TV.  There's plenty on there plus I can AirPlay anything from my iPad.  I don't miss Comcast at all.

Tonight I'm going to do a little tidying up and get the laundry going.  And then I'll knit to my heart's content.  I am going to move the Hearts, Vines & Flowers shawl to one of my super long Denise cords.  Right now I have it on a cord with a couple of additions and it came apart on Tuesday and I had a devil of a time getting it back onto the needles.  I am pretty sure I messed up a couple of stitches.  So that's my goal tonight.

The city was crazy yesterday with the Super Bowl parade.  I wouldn't have wanted to be there, but plenty of people were.  Like 700,000.  People were taking their children out of school!  Some of the private schools simply closed for the day. 

I have only one more thing to say.  Ouch.

No comments: