26 February, 2014

The world is full of idiots

Or maybe I'm just crabby again?  No.  Here's the deal.  A new type of paper towel dispenser was installed in the ladies room.  There are instructions printed on the front of the thing including pictures.  You don't even have to be able to read English to use this thing.  Using both hands, pull down on the paper and it will tear off and a new portion will automatically pop down.  How many times have I gone into that ladies room and found no towel hanging doing?  In that case, of course, you have to turn the crank to make a towel pop down.  And then you can clearly see how someone tried to rip the towel.  Oh ... it's just too stupid.  I don't know why those things bother me, but hey ... what can I do? 

This morning at 9 o'clock I get to start Physical Therapy for my broken toe!  That is good news and made getting out of bed much easier today.  I have been practicing at home walking without the boot.  It's not pretty, I will guarantee that.  I just want to get back into some real shoes.  My choice of outfits is greatly reduced when I have only a few pairs of flat shoes or boots to wear.

Tink was 100% fine yesterday and quite frisky.  I guess most dogs react that way when they get fed something new.  I got a few rows done on the Hitofude after chores and such.  I wanted to read - I am back to a two book backlog and I just got another pre-order on my iPad Kindle Reader, so I've got to buckle down and finish one of the two I am currently reading.  Maybe tonight I can stay awake long enough to read a couple of chapters.  At least I do listen to audio books and my current listen is quite good - The Luminaries.  I am going to hate for that to end.

Have you noticed how light it is these days?  It was light enough for me to wear my sunglasses this morning.  Well, not the dark dark ones, but sunglasses nonetheless.   Just a few more weeks and we turn the clocks again.  The only thing bad about that is that I can't walk Tink in my jammies at 7 o'clock.  Ah well, small price to pay.

No comments: