11 February, 2014

What I know

I know part of the reason I'm feeling terrible is that I can't get any exercise.  But knowing WHY I feel bad doesn't make it any less real.  At least I remembered my pain meds this morning.  Now if they would just kick in and start working .....  It's good I live alone.  I suspect I would drive someone to drink (besides myself that is) with this attitude.  Yesterday at lunch I hobbled around outside for 30 minutes.  It wasn't raining much.  Today I am going to limp my way up to a small grocery store to get a few ingredients so I can make some cauliflower soup tonight.  Last night for dinner I had toasted ham and cheese and two martinis.  I think I'll try for something a little healthier tonight.  I found a recipe for cauliflower soup that sounds really yummy.  It is soup weather for sure.

My next appointment with the doctor is the 21st, which is the day before I have a fancy party to attend.  I would be SO thrilled if I could wear real shoes rather than this boot.  I simply don't know what I'm going to wear if I have to wear the boot.  How utterly ridiculous would I look in a nice dress wearing a boot on one foot and ... what? ... flats on the other?  I might as well stay home.

I didn't do any knitting last night.  I probably should have done more knitting and less martini.  I am a little disappointed with my CenturyLink WiFi.  I'm going to take readings for several nights in a row before I call them, but I am not getting anywhere near the 40 mps of speed they promised me.  I know there is always a difference between the advertised speed and the actual speed but I am not able to AirPlay a DVR'd show.  I was sure I had done it before but when I tried these past couple of nights it just wouldn't work.  I have the Seahawks and 49ers game that I saw in Mexico recorded.  I would like to watch it again.

So - enough of my crappy attitude.  Today I'll look hard for a different one.  If you were me, where would you look?

No comments: