27 February, 2014

It was bound to happen

I got my February Yarn-Box finally and wouldn't you know it, it was the one color that I did not want.  I was so disappointed!  But I have posted on the ISO thread and I've got a couple of options.  I could get another January box and have more of that gorgeous silk with sequins, although it won't be enough to really do anything but a beret .... I can't decide.  But I've got to do it this morning.

Yesterday was my first Physical Therapy appointment for my foot.  I learned a bit more about the injury, which was not described to me accurately.  It is an avulsion fracture, rather than a chipped bone.  An avulsion fraction happens when the tendon which is attached to the bone is over-extended and tears a bit of the bone away.  This makes so much more sense to me because I didn't have any injury to the soft tissue that would suggest a smashing or crushing to cause a chip.  I remember pitching forward on the sand and my foot must have been caught.  So we worked on stretching the foot and manipulating the toe and walking normally, and then I was given a list of exercises and things to do.  I get to wear a normal shoe -- well, a tennis shoe -- on my left foot for two hours at a time during the day twice.  BUT I can't go outside and walk in it, just around the office.  And at home I can ditch the boot except when I go out to walk Tink.  Needless to say I was in a world of hurt when I got home.  I didn't want to take any pain medicine until after I had done the PT.  I iced it at home and it seemed to calm down.  It did not bother me during the night, so there is hope for a smooth recovery.  I won't say rapid, because it can't happen soon enough for me!!  Have I mentioned how crazy I'm going?  Yeah?  Have I?

Noon knitting was great - it was sunny and I got four rows done on my Hitofude.  I didn't do any last night and probably won't tonight either.  There is a drinks party at the apartment complex and also a T-shirt design contest for trivia teams.  That will be fun!  Hopefully the pub will be open soon and we will have trivia nights over there.  Or maybe they're going to have them in the Great Room.  Either way it'll be fun.

It was nearly 60 yesterday but the cold air is coming back and we might even have snow this weekend.  I can't be any worse than last weekend!  Oh ... this is funny.  When I was checking into the hotel Saturday I overheard the woman saying to another customer to let her know if they needed anything else, and she mentioned a footstool among the regular items.  I was kind of confused about that one until I got to the room and saw that the bed was SO high even I nearly needed one.  That's a new one for me though.

No comments: