05 February, 2014

The Seahawks

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that the Seahawks won the Super Bowl.  It was such a beat down.  And SO different from the first time they were at the Super Bowl and I was watching from Paris, trying to stay awake.  This time there was no snoozing!  And my friend who owns the pub in Paris was texting me.  His wife is from Wisconsin and he was saying the only reason the Seahawks were in it was because the Packers weren't.  Ha!  At the bus this morning there were people in their colors getting on the downtown bus to get ready for the big parade today.  I'm glad I'm inside.

Ooooo because it's COLD!  This morning I had to get up at the regular time and hobble around and take Tink out for her morning walk.  It was not easy.  I haven't really walking around without at least one crutch except for a short walk yesterday with Tink.  It was glorious to get outside and walk but then I wasn't in any hurry.  Hurrying is a bit of a challenge.  She was good and didn't pull much.  I made the bus in plenty of time. 

So here I am back at my desk.  I'm glad it was busy last week while I was working at home or this would be even more of a shock than it already is.  I was getting used to sleeping in.  I guess it's been a while since I've had more than a one week vacation, hasn't it?  That's sad.  Well, I've used up all my vacation and I'm starting with zero this January, so I'm going to save it up!!  I like having a two week vacation rather than a little long weekend or just a week.  Next time it'll be at least two weeks.

This day starts off with two meetings and then noon knitting.  I brought my latest YarnBox in to show.  It is two yarns from Knit Collage!!  Gorgeous and soft and sequins.  I'd better get a little bit of oatmeal down before the meeting.

No comments: