13 February, 2014

Sunshine and clear skies

The weather is doing its best to cheer me up.  This is the second day in a row that it has been cloudless and beautiful in the morning and one can clearly see that the days are getting longer.  In fact, I wore my sunglasses HOME last night!  That's something.  Plus it's very mild, even though it's windy.  I don't expect it to last since it is still very much winter.  But it's a nice respite and it should help my spirits.  Although I can't get out and enjoy it today since I have to proctor an exam from 11:45 to 12:45.  Well ... I suppose I could go out for a nice stroll after the exam.  And I'm leaving a bit early for an appointment so, if the clouds don't move in before 3:30 I should be able to enjoy a bit of a hobble in the sun.

Yesterday was noon knitting and very sparsely attended.  An hour knitting with two is just as therapeutic as 5, but not quite so chatty.  I miss our larger group.  I was thinking last night that I need to pick a Sunday and have another finishing party.  I've got plenty to finish .... still.

Next Monday is President's Day and we get the day off.  My chore is going to be to find something to wear for the party the following Saturday.  Something that won't look utterly ridiculous with flats since I very much doubt I'll be able to wear nice high heels.  I will try - you know I will.  But in case it's not possible I should have a back up outfit.

Tink did not ask to go out last night but she did manage to step on my foot.  A glancing blow but it woke me, that's for sure.  Woke me out of an epic dream - trying to get home, on horseback.   I ended up in Alaska.  I guess I took a wrong turn somewhere.

No comments: