28 February, 2014

Hello Friday!

Why is February always such a slog?  Okay - no football.  What else?  Well, it's done anyway.  Here's hoping March will be better.

The drinks party last night was pretty fun, although the guy buying the wine had only TWO bottles of white wine, both pretty awful.  Red?  Oh ..15 maybe.  And they looked much better.  But I wasn't in the mood for red wine, so I choked down a glass of mediocre sauvingnon blanc.  The cheese selection was quite good, with a nice piece of boucheron, my current favorite, and a local Camembert that was also quite tasty.  The fun part was designing the T-shirts for the trivia team.  I though my design was the best, of course.  It incorporated the three art spires and the creek on the front, then the back was the logo of Thornton Place and underneath a most awesome slogan (I thought) for a trivia team - "We're smarter than you".  J  I thought it was much better than Keenan's, another resident in my building, which was simply a white T-shirt with the Thornton Place logo and the slogan - "It's not ghetto".   Frankly, I don't think either of us will win.

Tink got a nice walk after that and then I had time and energy to knit four rows on my Hitofude.  What a gorgeous gorgeous project this is.  And the lace pattern is very easy to memorize, so it's TV knitting now.

I was very good about doing my exercises for my foot yesterday and I am amazed how much more flexible it is even in one day.  I made a little chart so I can keep up with the heel raises, etc.  I wore tennis shoes twice yesterday and by the end of the second 2 hours my foot was quite sore.  The trick is not over doing it and that's going to be difficult this weekend.  If I can just get through this without re-injuring it ... Patience. 

I found someone on Ravelry to trade my February box for the January box, so I'm going to frog that cute hat I made and then I'll have 200 yards of the beautiful silk with sequins.  I don't know yet what I'll do with it.  It's not enough for a top and I don't want a beret, so a summer stole is most likely where I'll go.

It's supposed to get cold and snow this weekend, but right now it's bright and beautiful.  I wish I was on an airplane.  I do have the little four day weekend to look forward to in April and I get to go to Nashville in June!  It's a meeting and a very busy one at that.  But I think I'll be able to go out the night I get there, since I'm going west to east.  I have never been to Nashville so I am super excited about it.  But it's a long way to go.  I still have the hope alive for a trip to Europe in November, but this is going to depend upon what I hear at the meeting with my lawyer in a couple of weeks.  I'm not holding out much hope at this point. 

Oh happy Friday!  Fingers crossed for a fun weekend.

No comments: