14 February, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day

And a full moon to boot!  Wow!  I am expecting a lot of crazy action today.  Grand romantic gestures gone wrong -- that kind of thing.  That's not very nice, I know.  But hey -- think about the state of mind I've been dragging around this week. 

I am glad for the holiday Monday.  My goal is going to be to find an outfit for the party next Saturday.  Obviously I'm not going to be able to wear any of my nice, high shoes.  So I'll have to get a pair of lower heeled shoes and hope I get the go ahead to step out without the boot.  And then -- I'll need to buy a dress to go with it.  Oh there are much worse things, right?  Who doesn't like to have a reason to buy an entire new outfit?  And it'll be right after Valentine's Day so I'll bet there will be plenty of nice dresses on sale.  Maybe I'll get a red one.  I haven't had a red dress in ages. 

I follow just a few blogs and one of them, Knitting like Crazy, comes up on my reader when I log in to write in my own blog.  Jen was one of my Secret Pals from a long time ago and now she's a successful author.  She wrote "Sock-Yarn Shawls".  Anyway, she has been getting into knitting sweaters.  This I can understand because I can't seem to get away from my shawl/wrap addiction and frankly, my closet is stuffed to overflowing with them - all gorgeous of course.  And my dressmaker's dummy likewise is draped six deep.  She, Jen, mentioned in a post a couple days ago that she made a sweater and liked it and thought she'd try another.  She had a link to Hitofude and cautioned that if you clicked on it you'd want to make it.  Sure enough -- try it.  You'll want to make it too.  It appeals to me because it seems that it would be much like making a lacy shawl but hey .. it's a sweater.  It calls for a fingering weight yarn with some drape to it.  The original used Madeline Tosh Merino Light.  I am going to indulge myself and buy something gorgeous and yummy for this project.  A silk blend.  Maybe cashmere and silk?  I don't know.  But I'm going to get it.  Jen suggests Hazel Knits Divine, which I have never heard of.  I will do some searching today.

It was blustery and a bit cloudy this morning, but not cold.  Where has our winter gone?  The rest of the country is freezing and snowy.  We are lucking out again.  I did spend a bit of time yesterday during the TWO exams I had to proctor (and oh, my foot was freaking killing me after the second) trying to find a little get away for April.  The trains are not convenient for a trip to Vancouver, BC - one train each day leaving at 6 am.  Nope.  Likewise going up into the mountains to Leavenworth.  I'll figure something out.  Even just thinking about it and looking around helps the mood a bit.  Not like getting out and running, of course, but what can I do.  Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait ...

No comments: