12 February, 2014

As expected ....

It was two years ago this month that I went to trial for my divorce.  I was, of course, hoping that winning this appeal would finally put an end to this nonsense and I could get my settlement and the ex could get on with his life.  But no.  He has filed a Request to Reconsider with the appellate court.  It is a stalling technique, obviously.  He can't be so stupid as to think that the three .. THREE .... judges would read the same arguments presented before and say ... "Oh gosh, yes I guess we were wrong.  That first judge didn't know what she was doing".  I did finally read their opinion and there was no wiggle room.  They unanimously agreed that the original judge did not abuse her powers and that she made a logical and correct judgement.  Obviously he has plenty of money.  And I have plenty of time. 

The rain held off yesterday afternoon, for the most part, and I had a relatively easy trip up to the grocery store to get the last few ingredients for my first try at cauliflower soup.  It is a simple recipe with just a few ingredients and, despite the rich and creamy flavor, a tablespoon of butter is the only fat.  It is SO good I could hardly believe it.  This will definitely stay in the recipe rotation. 

I am quite disappointed with CenturyLink and I've started measuring the speed at different times in the evening.  I'm going to do this for a few days in a row and then, armed with facts and figures, give a call and see what we can do about this.  They promised me that I would have better connectivity than with Comcast and that I was not sharing the 40mps, like I was with the Comcast service.  At this point I definitely do NOT have a better connection.

Tink woke me up at 2:30 am for a potty.  She did it on Sunday  .... Monday am ... as well!  What is up with that???  I gave her the regular 7:30 walk each of those evenings.  I cannot figure out why this happens.  And with the foot it is doubly annoying.  But she definitely needs to go.  She goes out the door, runs straight across to the gravel and lets go.  Then right back to the door and upstairs to bed.  She falls right back asleep, of course, and me?  Not so much.  Ah well - I was only a few minutes late.  Everyone else here is late today.  Or not coming in at all.  I hate this time of year.  (Did I mention that before?)

No comments: