10 February, 2014

In the insult to injury column

This morning it is pouring rain.  It's been raining since yesterday afternoon - which in itself is good because it snowed Saturday night and the rain is washing it away.  But I am still in this horrible boot and will be for the next two weeks.  In order to keep my foot dry I had to put a baggie over my toes.  Such a terrific look. 

I'm not in such a fabulous mood this morning, in case it's not obvious.  I got soaked walking Tink this morning and then I left my pain pills at home.  I always forget in the morning - I feel good you see - and then I walk the dog and the pain starts.  Ah well ...

So Friday was the doctor.  We took more x-rays and the chip is quite evident but it doesn't look so much like it's in the joint, but rather right next to where it should be.  The doctor says this is because of the initial swelling.  I again voiced my concerned about letting that chip float around in there, especially since I am going to be running.  He assured me it should not be a problem because of all of the tendons and ligaments around the toe keeping it in place.  And anyway, says he, if it starts to bother me when I start rehabbing in earnest we can just take it out.  So I guess I'm okay with that.  If I can go without the pain and expense of surgery, why not?

These first few weekends without football are always difficult.  Saturday morning Tink went to the groomers and I got rid of my Comcast equipment.  I put that antenna up on Sunday and it was dead easy and I got quite a few channels besides my regular big networks, all HD and all free.  I wish I had done this a long time ago.  Think of all the money I could have saved.  But it's done now.  I saw some Olympics coverage Saturday and Sunday and then I'm re-watching all of the season 1 and 2 Sherlock episodes because the season 3 episodes are playing on PBS.  I wanted to re-watch the first six before I start the latest 3.  I don't know why.  Because.

I also got tons and tons and tons of knitting done on the Color Affection.  Obviously I couldn't do a thing outside in the snow.  I have four or six more rows of the tri-color short row bit and then it's just the edging.  I'm going back and forth about making it a ruffle.  But I probably will.

I really dislike this time of year.  Although I did notice that the sky was just a teensie bit lighter this morning even with the rain.  I must plan a holiday for April before I go mental. 

No comments: