25 February, 2014

Stuck in the snow

My appointment at the doctor went fine.  No surprises.  The x-rays show the chip just as it has been.  The swelling and bruising is nearly gone, so he prescribed physical therapy to wean me off the boot and to normalize my gait and I'm to see in him another four weeks when we can talk about my starting running.  I don't know that I'll wait that long though.  Let's see what the PT says.  I've got to make an appointment today.  Hopefully they can get me in here at the hospital, which would be most convenient.  The good news is that I don't have to wear the boot around the house, which is nice.  I am working hard on NOT limping.  And I was given the go ahead to wear normal shoes at the party Saturday night.

Saturday Tink was dropped off at the Doggie Resort and away we went up to Bellingham, in the rain.  But the rain was rather thick and we didn't get too far north until it turned into snow and then, in Bellingham proper, snow.  But it wasn't sticking on the roads and in fact quit in late afternoon.  We met up for cocktails before the do, and then headed in around 5:30.  There were quite a few good things at auction, but most of the ones I was interested in (spa visits, etc.) were good only in Bellingham so nothing worked for me.  By the time we got out of there, around 9 or 9:30, the snow was back and coming down pretty good.  We made it back to the hotel just fine but in the morning we were stuck.  It had snowed all night and it was still coming down.  So there I was, in Bellingham with nothing to do (the movie theatre at the mall was closed!).  Do I regret not bringing my knitting?  Oh, I was kicking myself from here and back.  I had good reasons not to bring it.  I had just done the one row after doing the provisional cast on and I thought it would be a bit difficult to be knitting on the Hitofude, size 4 needles, in a moving car.  I had no idea we'd be stuck.  Gosh, I could have gotten the sleeves nearly done with an entire day to knit.  But instead we walked to the mall where I bought myself some new PJs and I got SOAKED.  My boots, my pants, my socks - all soaked.  Except the sock on my ortho-booted foot, since I had wrapped that in plastic.  But I was in for the day.  Thank goodness for HBO.

They had salted the road by the time we were ready to head out on Monday and as I suspected, we were just fine once on the freeway, although it was very wet.  We got Tink around noon, I did some grocery shopping and then spent the rest of the work day at home.  I had a few things to handle but I could easily take care of them from home.  And I'm glad I did say home, because Tink was awfully sick.  I hadn't brought enough food for more than the 24 hours I thought she'd be there, so they fed her something else and it did not stick with her.  She threw up twice, drank water and threw that up as well!  She was down all afternoon.  She finally felt better around 5 and even played fetch when we got back from our walk, so I think she's okay.

I got two vertical repeats done on the Hitofude yesterday evening..  Oh my goodness, that Madeline Tosh yarn is just gorgeous!  I am so glad I splurged.  I suspect the drape is going to be awesome as well.  And that's what this garment is all about.  Hopefully I can get two more done tonight.  It's not exactly TV knitting.

No comments: