18 February, 2014

Short week

I do so love a long weekend!  And I especially like it when we get the Monday off when most people do not.  It just seems a little extra special that way.  My plan for yesterday was to shop for an outfit for the fund raiser this Saturday.  I thought I'd better go for the shoes first, since I wasn't even sure I would be able to find anything suitable.  Of course I found tons of higher heeled shoes I really wanted but that's to be expected.  The first pair of shoes I thought would be good did not work.  I couldn't get my left foot into it without a lot of pain.  But then I found several that could work and finally a pair that I just LOVE!  Black suede, pointed toe, gold heel (about 2 or 3 inches) and a little ankle strap with a bow in the back.  Just adorable.  Then it was on to the dresses.  I started at Macy's figuring I'd start there, then Nordstrom and, if all else failed, a trip to the Rack.  There were lots of nice dresses at Macy's, I tried on about 10 of them and ended up with a nice Calvin Klein dress.  The zipper, on the outside, is gold which will go nicely with the shoes.  It's not too low in front and fits closely and then flairs a bit at the skirt.  I really like it.  Success!  I was very happy.

And so I had the entire rest of the afternoon to do laundry and knit.  It was very cold and windy, but Tink got a few walks in as well.  I finished up the Color Affection but I'm going to have to block it somewhere NOT my house, because of its odd shape.  I simply don't have the floor space.  I did buy the Madeleine Tosh for the Hitofude on Friday.  I couldn't resist.  I found a beautiful plum and they had exactly 3 skeins of it left, so I splurged.  But before I wind that up and cast on, I thought I'd make the little hat that came with the cool yarn from my last YarnBox - the Knit Collage yarn.  It's a chunky knit and the yarn with the sequins is SO soft and gorgeous.  I got quite a ways into the hat.  I'm just about ready to do the decreases.  The thing is - I don't think I'm going to have enough of the Pixy Dust.  I did not check my gauge.  Well, I'm just going to continue on and if I have to do the tippy top with just the sequin silk yarn, then I'll do that.  It's very cute.

I have discovered True Detectives on HBO.  I watched an episode on the weekend - the 4th I think - so I wanted to start from the beginning.  Wow.  I just love Matthew Mcconaughey and Woody Harrelson is good too.

I think I've found a place for a little get away in April.  I just don't know if I can get reservations so that's on my list for today.

The toe - still broken.  I tried yesterday to walk somewhat normally with the boot and that was a huge mistake.  Ouch ouch ouch.  I see the doctor on Friday.  I cannot believe he's going to say to take the boot off but I so wish he would.

No comments: