25 March, 2014

A check in from Paris

I got a text from my friend Eoghan, who owns an Irish pub in Paris, yesterday on my way home.  He must have been watching the news and heard about the terrible and tragic mud slide that happened a few days ago in Oso, a small town north of Seattle.  He wanted to know that I was okay.  It wasn't anywhere near me and I thought that was just so sweet.  I have GOT to find a way to get over there in November.  It has already been too long.

What a beautiful day we had yesterday!  And warm too.  When I took Tink out for her 7 o'clock walk I was just wearing yoga pants and T-shirt with a hoodie and I was perfectly comfortable.  Of course today it's wet and chilly.  Just the kind of weather one expects in spring time. 

I had lots of fun things in my mailbox when I got home including a new YarnBox with more than 500 yards of worsted weight yarn - merino and silk blend.  It's beautiful.  I don't know what I'll do with it since I have a billion projects queued and I started a TV knitting project as well last night.  I lost my favorite fingerless mitts in Silverdale last fall and I saw a cute kit for them from Jimmy Beans Wool.  It's a pickle jar filled with small amounts of Rowan Pure Wool.  I got the muted colors and I cast on and did a few stripes before bed.  It is perfect TV knitting and I should have a new pair of mitts in no time at all.  Dinner consisted of two pieces of leftover quesadilla and popcorn.  Seriously. 

I walked 2 1/2 miles yesterday.  I do very well in my running shoes and less well in street shoes.  Even flat ones.  I am happy I am not getting any inflammation and I just need to keep working on it.  I'll get there.

No comments: