14 March, 2014

Well that's a surprise

Yesterday morning I got a text message from one of my nephews, telling me he'd made reservations to come to Seattle the same time as his mom and oh, PS, he assumes it is okay to "bunk with" me.   Obviously I couldn't say no, because it was fait accompli at that point.  I was hoping to have some sister time but it doesn't look like that's going to be happening and I'm going to have to take a day off of work that I hadn't planned on either.  We do have a hotel room set up at the complex that can be rented by the night, but of course it's all booked up.  It's going to take some doing to fix that weekend and I sure won't be getting any rest. 

I took the bus up to the U Bookstore and did walk back down to campus, which is 8/10th of a mile!  Yeah!  I was sore, but it was tolerable and I was barely limping, which is huge.  The best part is that by the end of the night it was not inflamed.  So easy does it.  I won't be able to get out this afternoon because of a noon meeting, which is probably okay.  I'll be sure to do my foot exercises and get a walk in the hallways.  I am still so thrilled to be wearing matching shoes!

No comments: